The Christmas Spirit must be infecting me, because while I was procrastinating this morning I stumbled upon the most perfect idea I've had in a long time: a book give-away to celebrate the coming New Year.
Three Thoughts Inspire My Altruism:
1. Not only are my bookshelves full, book boxes line my basement, and stacks of books threaten to topple and squash the cat, but I possess three books in new condition that I despise.
2. I whole-heartedly believe in supporting the profession I someday hope to belong to.
3. New authors face a tough row to hoe.
So, here are the Rules:
1. I have three books (to be revealed tomorrow, if you haven't already guessed their titles).
2. All you have to do is email me or leave a comment that says, "I want a stupid book."
3. I will draw three names and mail a coveted book to each name, using a super-secret and uber-fair drawing mechanism.
Here's the Challenge: Whether you win or lose, participate or turn up your nose, you can replicate this good holiday cheer on your own blog. (After all, I might win one of your books!)
1. Pick three of your own hated books.
2. Hold a drawing.
3. Pass on your yucky titles and participate in a new holiday tradition!
Tomorrow:Titles will be revealed & the flip side of the giveaway coin will be discussed.